Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sometimes American Idol visits...

...Saaaaalt Laaaaake Citttyyyyy: my home away from home away from home.  That makes sense, I promise.

I just finished watching this week's episode of AI and I'm still taking it all in.  Let's chat for a minute about this episode so I can get some sleep:   

1.  OMG, Utahns are like so gosh darn it all nice!  They were grateful through tears of rejection!  They smiled after hours of waiting in line, wishing, hoping, praying...for a chance to...say something nice on the camera?  Seriously, the producers did everything they could to find some crazy for that episode and it was still the most bland episode, probably ever.  Even the bad singers were decent. 

2.  An Osmond?  Really?  He had to audition?  He really doesn't have any other connections in the music business?  Really?

3.  Utah is a beautiful state full of beautiful people.  Why do you think I had to leave?  In Utah, I'm  a 2 but in New York City I'm at least a 6 or a 7.   But seriously, there are about 9 ugly people in Utah and apparently ALL of them think they are the next American Idol.  Utah, a state with a population of over 2,000,000 people, has less than 10 ugly people.   And you lucky viewers saw them all.   

In the end, I saw some of my old friends, acquaintances, singing nemesis, nemesi, nemesises?  And I thought, wow, I'm so glad that's not me.  

I can't wait to be made fun at work today.  

Thanks American Idol.  And thank you, happy happy Utahns.  

Love,
Jenna

P.S. The girl who sings like Amy Winehouse?  The stay at home mom?  Still confused?  Of course you are.  Because every 22 year old that made it through to Hollywood already had a kid or two.  Well, if you can remember this one, the one I'm talking about, well, she already has music on itunes.  Is that allowed?  

1 comment:

Ashley, Clay, Eva, Beck, and Cash said...

I watched it twice to see if there was anyone I knew. I know, pathetic. I love all your new blogs. I laugh out loud at all of them. And yes, I too and making Eva listen to all the boy/girl band music we grew up with.