Friday, April 10, 2009

Sometimes it's Easter...

Sometimes it’s Easter…

...and New York City runs out of Cadbury Mini Eggs. I looked everywhere and they were nowhere to be found. Had I known there would be a run on mini eggs, I would have stalked up earlier but I figured I'd be able to buy them at any time. Naive, I know. Good thing Easter is an annual holiday. Phew! Is there a place where I can buy Cadbury Mini Eggs year round? Heaven? Sweden? I wonder what Cadbury Eggs would taste like fried. And wrapped in a donut, dipped in bacon grease, fried again and served with a side of buttermilk syrup. Actually, I think I saw Paula Deen do that just the other day in her Easter special. Mmm...

Besides going to church, watching an illegally burned copy of an ABC Family movie from 2003 on DVD (Thank you Alisa and the guy in London who copied it and ABC Family for making "This Time Around"), calling the NYFD to come find the smell of gas in my apartment (My gas stove top burner pilot light was out resulting in a slow, insignificant leak. My bad! How was I supposed to know they'd bring two trucks and six firefighters?), talking on the phone with a variety of lovelies, watching bits and pieces of two very disturbing TLC health specials ("The Woman with Giant Legs", followed by "The Girl Who Never Grew"), and giving my little brother a giant foam sword in his E. Basket so we could fence safely in our tiny apartment, it was a pretty typical Easter Sunday. I'm ready for sleep.

Hooray for Easter! I hope you all had a chance to think about the reason you actually celebrate the Holiday and I hope the reason deals with something more than the awesome selection of candy and bunnies. I get the candy but what is up with the Easter Bunny?

Love,
Jenna

P.S. Remember the candy, "Circus Peanuts?" If you'll refer to a post from last July, you'll see my attempt at eating 10 Circus Peanuts in two minutes to earn money for The Ninja Fund. I recently saw Circus Peanuts, obviously trying to disguise themselves at delicious Easter Candy, shaped like chicks and bunnies. As if! Circus Peanuts, I would argue, are the most horrifying candies in existence but hey, I wouldn't mind making a little cash so... Just putting it out here. Sometimes I miss the Ninja Fund. Should I bring it back? To learn more about the origins of The Ninja Fund read this. Keep in mind, thanks to a good friend, I made it to Ninja last December. It was a night to remember. So that means, if I decide to bring the fund back, I'm keeping the name but choosing a new restaurant. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a nightmare last night that I believe was a result of your circus peanut incident. It consisted of trying to chew up and choke down some mystery food, and it lasted for hours with no progress whatsoever. I felt like I would never be able to draw a full breath again.