Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sometimes I think diets are terrible...

...but I may have found THE ONE that will put Jenny Craig to shame. Move over, Marie Osmond. You won't be the only skinny Mormon in town anymore!

Researchers discovered a type of fat, stored in most bodies, that is actually a calorie burning fat. Brown fat "is a tissue whose sole physiological purpose is to expend energy." Now, you may not know this but I have a little extra fat (I dabble in eating) hanging around my...ankles? Yeah, that's where it is. Anyway the point is, I might have a little brown fat in me (which might also explain my love for Ginuwine).

Unfortunately, there is ONE problem with brown fat. In order for it to activate in your body, you have to to be cold. And I'm not talking about Meryl Streep in Devil Wears Prada chilly, I literally mean, COLD. Turn up your air conditioners, open your freezer doors, and shiver until your teeth hurt. Freeze for a prolonged period of time and you'll be burning more calories than Seth Rogan on crack (Have you seen him lately? He claims he's lost weight through exercise and a healthy diet. As if ANYONE has EVER lost weight that way. He MUST be a total crackhead because that is the ONLY way people lose weight in Hollywood. Maybe if I took crack, his movies would be funnier? Does one "take" crack? Is crack like an aspirin?)

I think the discovery of brown fat came at just the right time. The economy stinks and oddly enough, it's still snowing in half the country even though it's April. (It snowed here in NYC for about a half an hour yesterday.)

Turn off your heat, save money AND burn calories. And if you can't turn off your heat, just go to "Frozen-Yoga." It's yoga, in a giant freezer. Sounds awesome.

Love,
Jenna

P.S. Let us never speak of my fat again.

4 comments:

Meg said...

I like your blog.

Unknown said...

You are hilarious. I have too much "brown" in me also!

Rachel and Todd said...

This puts a cloud over the nice warm summer that is on its way . . . maybe I'll move to a colder climate. Actually a little chubby and warm doesn't sound too bad . . .

Rustino Scar said...

i often wonder the same thing. Do you take crack? and what is coke? is it the same? what's the difference crank, cocaine, crack, etc? maybe we should do a little real life research on how to get all cracked out. and PTL for the brown fat