Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mid-Week-Pop-Music-Pick-Me-Up 4/28/10

Unfortunately for you, the pop-music-pick-me-up this week is more of a pop-music-keep-you-down. Ok fine, it's more of a pop-music-KILL-ME-NOW.

Are you ready for this? (Every time I say that I think of Jock Jams and I feel like a cheerleader all over again.)

Countess LuAnn...
...released her single titled, "Money Can't Buy You Class."

Oh, the HORROR!

For those of you who don't know this woman and think I'm being unnecessarily dramatic, I am and let me fill you in. Countless, excuse me, Countess LuAnn co-stars in Bravo's reality television show, The Real Housewives of New York City. She is a Countess through marriage and although recently divorced is allowed to keep her title.

For the record, all of the women on these shows are insane, including LeAnn.

That being said: Hey lady, who married into money, does your pop-techno song have to be called "Money Can't Buy You Class?" At least you're being honest.

The song is about etiquette and manners and it is retarded. But please, don't take my word for it. Listen and decide how much you hate it. Maybe you'll love it. If so, let's not be friends. You can listen to her song here or here. And I imagine by now there are some funny remixes on youtube as well but I'll let you fine those on your own.

Unfortunately, she isn't the first housewife from the "Real Housewives" empire that Bravo has so carefully (I'd argue carelessly) constructed.

For those of you who watch, remember Kim from The Real Housewives of Atlanta? She actually wanted to be a singer who unfortunately couldn't sing a note yet still managed to release "Don't Be Tardy for the Party." (Yes, that is really the title of the song. And yes, someday when I'm the Lady Weird Al of pop music, I will release that song as "Don't Be Farty for the Party." I can't wait.)



Both songs are terrible though I'd argue that Countess LuAnn's is the worst. I'd also like to challenge Justin Bieber to sing as low as she does. He definitely couldn't do it.

These women make Miley Cyrus's voice sound like Celine Dion or Whitney Houston (before Bobby and crack).

Do you think if I stay in New York long enough, I can be a housewife too? Maybe then I'll finally be able to release a tacky pop song. I'll make sure I take myself REALLY seriously when I do.

Enjoy!

Love,
JKJ

Warning: after reading this post, it is highly recommended you listen to real music. Immediately. Or else the part of your brain that hears and understands music will commit suicide.

No comments: