Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sometimes Peter Priesthood...

...writes a blog that gets a lot of Mormons all riled up. A new blog (http://whymormongirlsstaysingle.com) has caused an uproar in the Mormon community. How dare these guys, whoever they are, make fun of Mormon girls and singleness! Being single at 23 isn't a laughing matter. Oh wait a minute, yes it is! The single life is awkward and the Mormon single life is even more awkward because we (That's right, did you forget? I'm Mormon too!) are commanded to get married ASAP! So the longer we remain single, the longer we are reminded of our failure to multiply and replenish the earth. Oh snap. That IS funny.

Since its birth in January, the blog has had over 70,000 hits and been featured in two different news articles and now my blog. Oh snap again. This "why your single" blog wasn't the only blog featured in these articles. Apparently there are other Mormon kids, living in MY city, that's New York City, just in case you were wondering, who write these "popular" blogs that have been featured in the news. I'm offended that I wasn't included in these articles. Oh wait, my blog isn't popular. But explain this to me: how is it possible that a girl who writes posts about "husband" and cupcakes gets 2,000 hits today and I'm lucky to break even. And by break even, I mean, more people check my blog than I do during the day. Ugh. Tell your friends, sometimes I'm funny and sometimes I'm Mormon. Fine, I'm funny all the time. Do I really have to resort to exploiting my faith just to catch your eye? Or should I put on a shorter skirt? Apparently I'm getting desperate. I'm single and almost 23! Help!

So all those unengaged Mormon girls enraged about the blog examining all the funny reasons you're still single, relax. Laugh at yourself or your pathetic roommate who's a sucker for a booty call, pretends to like "girls night out" and overbears her testimony. It's FUNNY!!! And if it makes you feel any better, the guys who write it are probably gay.

I love the online world. Now let's go glitter my twitter. (What did I just type...)

Love,
Jenna

3 comments:

Scrumpestuous D said...

Shorter skirt. Oops... that's going to be awkward.

Ryan Thomas Barnhart said...

Dear Jenna, I went over to the blog you reference in this post, which unfortunately will give the blogger another hit and another sixteenth of a cent from his advertising proceeds, and to be honest, he just writes too much. I mean it's great that he's able to post, but no one can write that much and have it be meaningful or worthwhile day after day. He's simply spewing out the same rhetoric, post after post. I suppose that this kind of writing is good for people that read weekly advice columns or John Grisham novels, but it has nothing to do with well-written, quirky blogs like yours. Better to be good and unrecognized than to be featured for your verbosity. Please keep up the thoughtfully witty banter.

Jenna Kim Jones said...

Well thank you King. I love my blog and I won't stop writing it which means I hope you'll keep reading it too! Let the thoughtful witty banter continue!