Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sometimes Tuesday happens...

...before you know it.

Here I am sitting in my apartment on a very dreary day in Manhattan.

I can hear the sound of a horse trotting down 9th Ave (there are horses in my hood), construction workers swearing on 52nd, and the ringing of a siren in the distance and I still have nothing inspiring to write about.

It's raining today.

Raining like a mother.

That phrase doesn't even make sense.

But you totally know what I mean, don't you.

The rain in NYC is like no other. It never really falls but drizzles erratically in all directions. That or it feels like someone is constantly squirting a spray bottle in your face. It does wonders for my hair.

Oh and using an umbrella is useless. The wind will destroy it or the rain will fall horizontally anyway. And umbrellas don't stop cab drivers from driving through large puddles near the curb. That is the only realistic part of Sex and the City, when, in the opening credits, Carrie is splashed by a city bus.

Chew on that while I brainstorm for a better post and a better tomorrow.

Love,
Jenna

2 comments:

Cameron said...

brilliantly uninspired...

steven seagal said...

pretty darn pathetic (not so much the post, but that tou are sitting in your apartment alone - listening to rain)

I am equally pathetic, however, sitting alone in a chinese restaurant watching the cute Chinese waitresses in their very unchinese, but chic uniforms and ignoring the uncute ones. Turns out the cute ones are mix blood chinese.
Since you like food so much if you ever make it to London make sure Yauatcha is on your schedule (15 Broadwick Street, London in the Soho district; absolutely the best dim sum in the world !!!