Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sometimes I go running...

...in Riverside Park and strange things happen.

1. A duck came out of no where and hissed at me. So I hissed back.

2. I'm fairly sure I counted at least six different men wearing speedos.

3. All of a sudden, I broke out into song and it was so weird, everyone around me started singing and dancing to the same song. It was a total out of body experience. Like really, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

4. I had to say hi to Lucky Burger's employee, twice, once on my way out and once on my way back. I'm pretty sure he thinks that I like him. I should have never let him give me free fries but how could I resist?

5. Someone stopped me and told me I could be a part time model.

6. I almost slapped a horse, again.

6. Then some guys in suits stopped me and asked me to run for Vice President of the United States except when I told them I couldn't shoot a gun and didn't really wear much lipstick, they took back their offer and were gone before I could tell them my position on teaching creationism and evolution in schools.

So yes, it was an odd run on one of the more beautiful days NYC has ever seen. Apparently, this is just what I hear, people in Southern California experience days like this, um, everyday.

I'm eating at Taco Bell tonight, folks. It's gonna be awesome.

Love,
Jenna

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I blast the music, crank the incline on the treadmill to 15 and just run until the tears stop.

Heidi said...

You almost slapped a horse?? Man you and horses. Remember that one time when one almost assaulted you while walking down Broadway :)

Rustino Scar said...

i run riverside park as well...but in the more ghetto version of it. Instead of ducks jumping out, I have drug dealers and sketchy people come out from the bushes. And when I bust out singing, nobody can even sing along...unless I throw in some spanish rap. Feels like heaven to me