Monday, May 26, 2008

Sometimes Law and Order...

...is the only thing on TV. Like, literally, the ONLY thing on television. I took a JetBlue flight from New York City to Salt Lake City last night and discovered that the only thing to watch on Sunday night is Law and Order. It was playing on, wait for it, wait for it, EIGHT different networks. WTF?

It's not even that great. Ok it is a well written and well produced television show. Fine. BUT come on! I got so confused. I'd start one episode and then during a commercial break tune into a different episode and then forget which episode I was watching and then before long, I had no idea what was going on. At one point, I thought a group of cheerleaders killed a football player who attacked a stripper whose mother was actually a drug dealer dating a pervert who actually wasn't the murderer even though he was creepy as he*l.

All I wanted to do was watch Roseanne. In fact, there are quite a few things I'd rather watch than Law and Order at this exact moment in time:

1. Paint drying.

2. A slideshow of rocks.

3. Saved by the Bell: The College Years.

4. Youtube videos made and narrated by awkward and angst-ridden Swedish 14 year old nerds.

5. Sister Act 2.

Love,
Jenna

P.S. TNT is showing a Law and Order mini-marathon to celebrate Memorial Day. Please stay away from the TV and go outside. Enjoy the day off. I know I will. I'm going to WalMart to oooh and aaah over cheap socks.

2 comments:

Mary Ungrangsee said...

Not to get nit-picky, writer, but the phrase is "oooh and aaah" (or the more awkward "oooh in awe") but definitely not "oooh and awe." Minor point, but I like asserting authority when I can. Hoowaah!

Jenna Kim Jones said...

Of course. I knew I should have googled the phrase. Oh well...

BIG DEAL...