Monday, July 13, 2009

Sometimes the party is over...

...and I'm back to work! Yikes! I'm back in NYC, folks. Can you feel it?

I had quite a week in Utah which culminated with four awesome shows at Wise Guys Comedy Club in Salt Lake City. First, I want to say thanks to everyone who came out and saw the show. Second, I want to say thanks to the fantastic comedians at Wise Guys. Keith Stubbs is hilarious! And be sure to check out Spencer King who is headlining at Trolley Square next weekend. He is friggin' funny. That's right, friggin.

Vacation is over and now like I said, I'm back in good ol' NYC. I flew in on the red eye this morning which only reminds me how much I hate flying, let alone flying all night long. So of course, I have a few complaints. Here we go....go.......go.............

How desperate do airlines have to get? It's really pathetic. It's like a girlfriend who gets dumped and then begs for her boyfriend to come back only making her appear more clingy and irritating than ever before. Airlines who are obviously in financial trouble, should be begging for our service and yet they keep making it harder and harder for us to take them back. First, they take away our second bag, then some airlines charge to check a first bag. Then they take away food and leave us with off-brand snacks and one cup, not even the can, of soda. Let me tell you, I'm fine with losing those things. I can handle it. One bag forces me to pack more carefully and airplane food was about as delicious as the plastic food set I gave to my niece for Christmas last year. But did you know, that Jet Blue now charges $7 for a blanket? Airplanes are cold! I was wearing a sweatshirt and jeans and shivered. Shivered me timbers all night long because I was not about to pay $7 for a blanket with so much static, I wouldn't be able to touch a light switch for a week without getting shocked. It's like 4 degrees at 30,000 feet and it felt like someone had cracked a window. I could have taken glamor shots, there was so much wind on that plane. At the end of the flight, the attendants handed out a "hot" towel which was actually a baby wipe that was put in the microwave for no more than ten seconds.

Of course, this is all some lame ploy to get us to buy their blankets but I was not going to fall for it. It was the first time I was grateful to be sitting by a fat person. I just snuggled up to one of his rolls. Or was he snuggling up to mine? Whatever. $7 for a blanket? I could buy a house in Mexico for $7. I could sew 400 blankets in China with $7 and I'm sure they would be nicer than the $7 rip off that flight attendant tried to sell to me. Unfortunately, I'd have to fly to China in order to make those blankets and I might die of pneumonia before I get there but if I did make it, I'd be a friggin' hero. I'm surprised the flight attendant didn't ask me to donate money to MJ's memorial while she was at it. Hey Obama, could we include a little extra stimulus money for airplane blankets? You know what's even more annoying? People who fly first class. They probably have down comforters up there with their bubbly and fine cheeses. Whatever. I'll stick with my cheese crackers shaped like whales and a cup of diet coke.

Blanket revolution! Who's with me?!?!

I'm so over this post, like I'm over MJ's death. Snap! How 'bout that Sarah Palin, huh, quittin' and stuff? And I see Obama's a butt man. What else happened while I wasn't paying attention to the world? I'm about to find out.

Peace out, blogtards. This feels right, don't you think? Yeah, you know you're happy I'm back.

Love,
Jenna

3 comments:

Erin Starks-Teeter said...

Do the blankets and tiny pillows still come with a $5 Bed, Bath & Beyond coupon? I don't mind bringing my own blanket, but I hate it when I forget my headphones and I have to buy their's which DON'T WORK!

Zach said...

Amen. And I'm glad you're back as well. Well, I wish you were still in Utah, but I'm glad you're at least back to the blogosphere.

Ashley, Clay, Eva, Beck, and Cash said...

I am outraged! Seven dollars!