Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mid Week Pop Music Pick Me Up 7/15/09

This week's pop group? O-TOWN!?!?!

O-Town was created by P. Diddy in the first season of MTV's hit show, Making The Band. They lasted a measly three years but spawned a lot of other awful pop music reality programs. Their first single, "Liquid Dreams" was absolutely charming. Oh wait, I didn't mean charming, I meant nasty trash. Yes, Liquid Dreams was nasty trash. But believe it or not, it wasn't as bad as their other single, "Every 6 Seconds". They wanted "All or Nothing." Obviously they were getting nothing. Diddy must have had them on a tight leash.

My favorite music video was "We Fit Together" because they were on a boat. For some reason, this song and the boat caught my attention. It's kind of ghetto and again, they sing about embarrassing things similar to the things they sing about in Liquid Dreams but like I said, they were on a boat. Enough said.



Their power ballad, "All or Nothing" uses classic boy band manipulation. You know, the ol' key change, emotionally draining harmonies, and an angst ridden love story. I won't lie. I kind of love it. So click here and enjoy. Dream of love lost and lost found. Think of that special someone. Remember the first time you saw this special someone and wanted to shout from the rooftops, "I'm in LOVE!" While you do that, I'm going to go barf.


Love,
Jenna

No comments: