Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mid Week Pop Music Pick Me Up 6/17/09

I know I promised a little Aaron Carter but I've been thinkin' (more like dreamin') about these guyz the last few days.

The one on the left is my favorite.

These are the baddest (perhaps in more ways than one if you're a hater) white boyz of boy band music history. Ok they're at least in the top five. But seriously, these guys take boy bands to a whole new level with their exaggerated attempt to look and sound like they can rap.

5ive was created by Simon Cowell which only confirms that the man really is the genius he makes us all believe he is. And that genius totally makes up for his man boobs.

I've blogged this story before but I have to tell it once more. When I was young, like 10, 11, maybe 12, I bought 5ive's single, "Baby When the Lights Go Out" and listened to it secretly in my room because I didn't want my mom to know I was listening to such a scandalous song.

Click here if you want to see these British beaus sing about turning the lights off in a bowling alley with some super rockin' chicks. Boy bands love bowling. I love bowling. We should totally hang out.

Honestly, I didn't know that 5ive released any other songs in the US after "Baby When The Lights Go Out," because it was at that point in my life when I discovered the Backstreet Boys. So I just discovered the next two songs as well.

Follow this link for "Everybody Get Up." Best line of the chorus: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5ive will make you get down now." Get it? It's clever because they are counting to five but the name of their group is also 5ive.

Another one of their winning singles? "Slam Dunk Da Funk." That's right ladies, Zac Efron wasn't the first heartthrob to play basketball and dance. Do you want to get down? Do you want to get funky? Slam Dunk da Funk and click here.

My conclusion: 5ive is obsessed with getting down though I'm not sure they even know what that means.

Love,
Jenna

This new weekly post is completely self indulgent. I love it.

3 comments:

Martin Merx said...

This was the best of all your posts in my opinion. I actually laughed this time. I may have even laughed more than once.

Well that accounted for about 40 good seconds of this day.. what do i do with the other 86,355 seconds in a 24 hour period? Write longer blog entries...

Ashley, Clay, Eva, Beck, and Cash said...

I totally remember this song. I loved it. I didn't know this was a Simon Cowell project. . .

Amy said...

Baby when the lights go out nanasomething.... show you what it's all about.

I think last time you talked about that song I confessed it was my guilty pleasure as well, but apparently I haven't listened to it for awhile since I couldn't remember the words in the middle.