Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mid Week Pop Music Pick Me Up 6/10/09

Sometimes girl pop groups sounds like chipmunks. And in this week's Pop Music Pick Me Up, I'm highlighting a little group called, Play, who could very easily rival Alvin and his possy. Play released a couple of songs in the late 90's and early 00's but they were never quite as successful at Diddy's group, Dream, which is probably one of my favorite girl group sensations besides The Spice Girls. (If you are following anything I'm saying, you either watched a lot of Disney Channel as a kid or you are a perv because I'm pretty sure these ladies are still underage.) Their dancing is weak but their crimped hair makes up for it. Duh. Please enjoy the evolution of Play...

The first song is sweet, innocent, charming, naive.



Then the vices of the world force these ladies to walk the "edgy" line.



And when edgy didn't work, they disappeared.

If I were going to start a pop group, I would call it, "A-Sass." The girls would be forced to use sassy names that end in the letter "A" like, Lisa, Monica, Dana, and of course, Jenna. (Obviously, I'd be the star.) Our first single would be called, "Sassy Girl" and in every song after that, we'd mention "the love doctor" who would be a recurring character in our music videos played by Enrique Iglesias. Though I'm going to need Timbaland or Timberland to back me up if we want to be legit.

Get ready for next week's pop music pick me up. I'm thinking, Aaron Carter. I've got more than a few words to say about that kid.

Love,
Jenna

3 comments:

Ashley, Clay, Eva, Beck, and Cash said...

I think I remember those songs coming out. They do sound familiar. I like them, but I'm a sucker for pop music. I love your mid week pop music pick me up!

Martin Merx said...

Thanks a lot Jenna... now i'm all turned on after watching these videos.

HAHAHAH

beesting said...

I think Dreamstreet is still in their prime...