Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sometimes I celebrate Earth Day...

...by completely ignoring it. I'm pretty sure it was Earth Day yesterday and I didn't even eat any Sunchips! Where is my head these days, it's like I'm on a different planet! Earth to Jenna, it was Earth Day! OMG, duh!

Last year, if you remember, which you probably don't, I threw my first "Go Green or Go Home" party, which was sort of a big deal. Like P. Diddy's 4th of July White Party, everyone had to wear green from head to toe and bring their own plates, silverware, and cups. I died my fur coat green and one of my besties, Hannah Montana (I'm not really into Miley), wore a dress made out of old cell phone batteries, tires and sequins (the girl loves to sparkle). We were the talk of the fashion blogs for weeks. Then at the after party, everyone had a big water fight. And after the after party, I burned our trash instead of throwing it away. It was a huge success. Mother Earth was proud, I think.

Anyway, this year, I've decided to write a letter to earth.

Dear Mother Earth,

I hear you're getting warmer which is totally "hot" though I think winter ran a little long this year, if you ask me. You've been a good earth, minus a few disasters. What's up with those? How about making more rainbows? And more puppies and bunnies and Zac Efrons? Also, I'm really sorry about the three bottles of water I drank this morning. It's possible that at least one of them made it into the recycling bin unless of course the intern who I threw the bottle at and yelled, "Recycle this, loser!" failed. Do you think you could make the wind blow less in Manhattan? Thanx. TTYL!

Love,
Jenna


I'm going to get struck by lightning someday. Hopefully I'll be in my hybrid car when it happens. Happy Earth Day, mother [earth] lovers!

Love,
Jenna

No comments: