Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sometimes news is the best form...

...of entertainment.  So here is a short recap of the news that  caught my attention the last couple of days.

There is a shiny new ipod shuffle coming out in the near future.  It's smaller than an AA battery, holds up to 1,000 songs and costs $79.  Keep in mind, it will not work as replacements for dead batteries in your remote control.  And you WILL lose it at some point within the first few weeks of owning it.  Also there are no buttons on it so you actually have to have an ipod chip implanted into your brain and then play your shuffle using mind power. Talk about going green!  Also, instead of plugging the shuffle into your computer, you plug yourself in the computer.  And that is how apple has come one step closer to running the world!!!  Apples are so cool. Mac is the best. If Mac were a boy, I'd date him.  Mac is so much hotter than Matthew McConaughey.  All hail the mighty Mac!

Two contestants were kicked off American Idol tonight.  BUT guess who didn't get to watch it? Turns out my TV was mysteriously unplugged the last two nights.  And guess who hasn't turned on her TV for the last couple of days?  That means I didn't notice that it was unplugged which means I don't have my shows from the last two days which means no American Idol for me.  BOOOOOOO!   Before I google  the contestants who got the boot and even though you already know who we never have to listen to sing again, my predictions are Scott, the blind kid for reasons I shouldn't say but you are probably thinking and Megan the girl from Sandy, Utah because if anybody knows me, you know that Sandy, Utah is a total DEAL BREAKER.  That's right, I don't like Sandy, Utah.  Why?  I have absolutely no good reason why.  Sandy is like a wanna be Salt Lake City.  OMG, it's such a poser.  I have a friend who feels the same way.  There is something strange about Sandy.  Just trust me.  

Another tragedy hit America today. Seriously. There was a devastating shooting leaving 10 people dead and 6 others injured in a small community in Alabama. As always people in this community, people who knew him, the lunatic running around with a gun taking lives away, were and are shocked. Now I hate to make light of this tragedy so I won't but I have to ask, were these victims really THAT shocked. The news article I read reported that the shooter was, "well liked by his co-workers." A former high school acquaintance was quoted saying, "He was just friendly with everyone and kind of stayed to himself." Whoa, whoa, whoa! Crazy shootings, after crackhead bombings, after creepy kidnappings, after crazy shootings should have taught us time and time again that the always remembered "friendly" and "quiet" kids are the ones who go on these killing sprees.  Ok, let me explain.  This guy's high school friend said he was friendly and apparently his coworkers said he was well liked.  Was he really?  Really?  Or was he actually the guy everyone secretly thought was going to kill them one day.  Oh come on, you know what I'm talking about.  The crazy guy at work who you are determined to be nice to just so he keeps you off his hit list?  The one who has weird crushes on girls who are much too pretty for him because every pretty girl that he asked out in high school was forced to go out with him by her mother leaving him way overconfident and completely void of real social grace and an inability to accept reality and rejection?  The guy you catch talking to himself in the mirror in 3rd person?  Does this guy spend a lot of time building things in his basement, collecting dead animals and decapitating barbie dolls?  I'm just saying, was this guy really nice or was his high school friend just saying that because she was trying to be nice all the time thinking, "I knew he was crazy.  I saw this coming the day I witnessed him loading a dirty shovel, bloody tarps and black gloves into the back of his curtained van!"  Think about it.   

And just so we don't have to end on creepy thoughts, in an interview recently, Michael Steel, head of the GOP (yeah you know me) said he enjoys listening to a wide range of music including "old school" favorites like "P. Diddy" and "Frank Sinatra" along with the rest of the guys in the "Pack Rat." I know that I LOVE to make stuff up  but I promise, I did not and could not make that up.  Want proof?  Here is a link to the article: http://men.style.com/gq/blogs/gqeditors/2009/03/the-reconstruct.html

That is all.  I'm going to go listen to the Pack Rats and The Jonas Bros and Hoes now.  Later nerds!  

Love,
Jenna

1 comment:

Ryan Thomas Barnhart said...

I have digging tools in my trunk. Stivenly, -KN