Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sometimes you think Spring is in the air...

...but instead the birds are singing and the sun is shining because Posh is in town!

Fashion week has allowed Posh to grace our presence. Now, if Ginger would show up and they could take a picture together, preferably with me in the middle of that Spice Girl sandwich, my life would be complete. I did it. Spice Girl Sandwich? Really? I finally made my creepy love of Spice Girls reach an all new creepy level.

But to keep the creepiness flowing, let's talk about Chris Brown. The pop prince made a statement today about the smack down he gave his pop princess Rihanna. And I wrote some jokes about it (Clay, my brother-in-law wrote a few too). I think I just heard you groan. Fine. Nevermind. Perhaps that is going too far but the jokes are kinda funny if you think...face break dancing is potentially funny which um, I mean, uh, nevermind.

Last night's SNL episode with host Alec Baldwin and musical guests The Jonas Brothers was just alright. There have been better episodes this season. (Chewable Diapers? Really?) And Alec, still trying to improve your reputation after you cursed out your child by doing a skit with The J-Brothers and inviting your she-Baldwin's to introduce the Disney heartthrobs? Nice try, Pops. And by the way, The Jonas Brothers, your jeans are too small. I don't mind tight jeans but come on. I really hate to be the blogger to say this but it looks like one of them is sporting an extra pair of socks and they aren't on his feet, if you know what I mean.

Tomorrow I'm going to eat a fried hot dog. (pause) Did this post just get even more awkward? I wasn't sure it was possible. Wow. But I really am going to eat a fried hot dog in The East Village: Land of the Skinny Jean.

Question(s) of the day: Who decided it was okay to fry a hot dog? And what makes me think I should try it? Can I blame America? My childhood? Benjamin Button? (What? That doesn't even make sense!)

Love,
Jenna

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Post the Chris Brown jokes.

Arielle said...

While there are a lot of skinny jeans in the East Village, let's not forget about Williamsburg... Your going to make the hipsters sad.

P.S. Jenna, I quite enjoy your blog.

JohnnyMartin said...

I second T Jones. Post the jokes. Get on with it!

nate said...

Isn't a fried hotdog just a corndog?

Jenna Kim Jones said...

Oh no, Nate. A fried hot dog is a fried hot dog. A corn dog is a hot dog wrapped in fried breading or something sick like that. This is more pure. :)