Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sometimes wearing green...

...can be dangerous! If anybody even tries to pinch my blog, you are either totally color blind or really asking for it. Is there a rule that says if someone pinches you and you are actually wearing green that you get to punch that person in the face? I think I'm going to hide a pinch of green somewhere on my being and then if anybody so much as comes near me with pinching fingers, so help me, I will punch you in the face.

I have no idea what St. Patrick's Day is actually about except that it's for the Irish and it involves green and beer and sometimes green beer, thanks to green dye #4. Perhaps I should consult wikipedia, the source for ALL knowledge good or evil, small or big, important or just plain stupid and of course RIGHT but mostly wrong, for the origins of this special day. BRB. (cue elevator music)

Ok so I looked it up and Wikipedia says:

Saint Patrick's Day (Irish: Lá ’le Pádraig or Lá Fhéile Pádraig), colloquially St. Paddy's Day or Paddy's Day, is an annual feast day which celebrates Saint Patrick (circa AD 385–461), one of the patron saints of Ireland, and is generally celebrated on March 17.


So wait, St. Patrick's Day is a "real" holiday? I thought it was an excuse for my friends to get crunk before noon. (I have heard that wikipedia can be wrong sometimes BUT I did hear that from a very unreliable source. I'm pretty sure everything my NYU English Professor told me was a lie.  I guess I'll stick with wiki.)

Congratulations to Ireland. I hope those with actual Irish decent enjoy their special day. And also, I'd like to apologize for all of the frat boys out there puking green. I don't celebrate Canada's Independence day. Or India's Independence Day. Or England's Independence...wait a minute, that doesn't make any sense. They don't have an independence day! Who have they ever been freed from? They're the reason the rest of us have Independence Days! July 4th in England is actually called, "We Didn't Want Them Anyway Day." Let's be clear: I have no idea what I'm talking about and I also realize that St. Patrick's Day is not Ireland's Day of Independence but began as a religious holiday centuries ago, just so you know. The point is, Happy St. Patrick's Day even though I'm not Irish and I do have a problem with most red heads. I do, however, love the color green even though I forgot to wear a bit-o-it to work today.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Love,
Jenna

No comments: