Monday, January 12, 2009

Sometimes I think I'd like to be remembered...

...as a trailblazer. Isn't that what everyone wants?

That's what Roland Burris wants (If you don't know who Roland Burris is, please return to earth and watch the news immediately). And that is why he made himself a mausoleum with all of his major (and not so major) accomplishments carved on it. You know he's still living, right? Right. And Mausoleum's are for dead people, right? Right.

I don't know about you but I totally get it. What if he died and someone forgot to mention that he was first African American Foreign Exchange Student to go to Germany? He'd have to haunt that little kid who sees dead people for help. As if that little kids know how to chisel granite, right?

Well this whole situation has me thinking, pondering, wondering, dreaming, etc. What have I accomplished? What would I carve into my mausoleum?

Jenna Kim Jones
Best Trailblazer Ever
R.I.P.
  • Could have been a celebrity in Thailand
  • Student of the Month - January 1997
  • American Express Card Member since June 2007
  • Lifetime Stats: Won 17 games of BINGO, 13 games of Uno and 1 round of Scum.
  • 2nd Place in Carnival Cruise Karaoke Competition
  • Asian Club Treasurer

Since I'm not dead yet, my mausoleum is currently located on my mom's front lawn. You can see if for free, touch it for $2.00 and sign it for $5.00. All profits will be donated to my soon to be renamed Ninja Fund.

Love,
Jenna

8 comments:

Cameron said...

what is scum???

Jenna Kim Jones said...

It's a card game I played once.

Mary Ungrangsee said...

You could still be a celebrity in Thailand, Jenna, even posthumously. You're just that talented. I mean, how many white girls could be Asian Club treasurer? Takes someone really special...

Cheese Tease said...

You should include your art abilities and leave Sheila to guard your monument...

Jenna Kim Jones said...

Sheila is so awesome. I miss her. Cameron does too.

Cameron said...

For the record, I don't know anyone named Sheila.

Cameron said...

Oh wait, I just remembered who (I mean what) Sheila is. Very scary...how could I have forgotten???

Rachel Jones said...

Sheila scared me a couple of times when we were staying in Jenna's room at Christmas... She would make an excellent guard.